Charles R. Bowers has over 30 years of experience in business law, including experience with a wide range of corporate and transactional work, as well as business litigation. Mr. Bowers has received an AV® Preeminent rating through the Martindale-Hubbell® national peer review rating system – reflecting the highest rating available – from reviews by his peers on his legal ability and ethical standards. Mr. Bowers has also received the Martindale-Hubbell® Client Distinction Award, reflecting the highest available rating by his clients for his excellence in: Quality of Service, Overall Value, Responsiveness and Communication Ability. Mr. Bowers is also listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in American Law®.
Mr. Bowers has been active in the Oregon State Bar Computer and Internet Law Section (now the Technology Law Section) for over 25 years, and has twice been elected to Chair of the Section. Mr. Bowers has published several articles and is a frequent lecturer regarding topics related to computer and internet law, and data security and privacy issues. Mr. Bowers is the founder of IDfra LLC, an organization dedicated to the development of a new identity infrastructure that preserves personal privacy while promoting the exchange of verifiable data.
Lew Delo is Of Counsel to the firm. He specializes in two areas: (i) the representation of clients in international litigation and arbitration, specializing in the recognition and enforcement of money judgments in international disputes; and (ii) the representation of companies and wealthy taxpayers before the IRS and state taxing authorities.
Mr. Delo’s international litigation includes representing foreign banks, foreign affiliates of international accounting firms, foreign and domestic insurance companies, and foreign and domestic service and manufacturing companies.
His tax practice includes representing domestic companies and wealthy individuals before the IRS and state tax agencies, and litigation in the US Tax Court and federal courts.
- Oregon state courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- United States Tax Court
Legal Ratings and Professional Activities
- AV Preeminent® peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell® for excellence in legal ability and ethical standards
- Past Chair, Oregon State Bar International Law Section
- A Primer on the Recognition and Enforcement of U.S. Money Judgments in Germany
- In Re Parmalat – The Dawn of One-Firm International Accounting Liability
- The English Doctrine of Custom in Oregon Property Law, Thornton v. Hay
- Washington State University, 1966
- University of Washington, 1971
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College, 1974
- Private legal practice – 1976 to present
- KPMG staff accountant, tax department – 1974 to 1976
- US Army, Captain, 3rd Armored Cavalry; MACV – 1966 to 1970
Civic and Other Activities
- Multnomah Athletic Club, Trustee (1991 – 1993); President (1993)
- Portland East Side and West Side Light Rail Committees, 1989 – 1993
- Portland – Guadalajara Sister City Association, Vice President, 1996 – 1998
Served on various boards of private companies.